• The International Snow Sculpture Festival, which will be held in San Candido/Innichen from 10th to 12th of January 2018 and in San Vigilio/St. Vigil from 15th to 17th January 2018, is organized by the Tourist Boards of the two towns.
• The competition is open to groups of a maximum of three adults.
• The costs of board and lodging for a maximum of three persons per group from 09th to 18th January (departure), including breakfast on January 18th, as well as the transfer expenses from San Candido to San Vigilio on the Saturday, are sustained by the organisation (extras such as telephone and bar etc. are not refunded). Rest days: Saturday 13th January, the day of transfer to St. Vigil and Sunday 14th January.
• Prize giving: the guests in the various tourist resorts and the local residents will vote the sculptures of their liking. The prizes will be awarded to the three groups which have obtained most success in Innichen and in St. Vigil.
• Travel expenses refund: all groups participating will be refunded their travel expenses at Euro 0,20 per km to a maximum of Euro 260 (teams from Europe) and Euro 520 (teams from the other continents).
• The sculptures must be made of snow, ice and water. The organizers will put at the competitors disposal the following tools: 2 spades, 1 ladder, 1 bucket, 1 pick-axe. The use of electronical tools is prohibited.
• The 3 x 3 x 3 m (27 m³) blocks of snow will be assigned to the competitors by lottery draw at 9 am on the 10th January in Innichen and at 9 am on the 15th January in St. Vigil at the offices of the Tourist Board.
• The sculptures in Innichen must be completed by 7 pm on Friday 12th January and in St. Vigil by 7 pm on Wednesday 17th January. The closing ceremony will be held in St. Vigil on the evening of the 17th January.