• The International Snow Sculpture Festival, which will be held in San Vigilio from 9th to 11th of January 2019 and in San Candido/Innichen from 14th to 16th January 2019, is organized by the Tourist Boards of the two towns.
• The competition is open to groups of a maximum of three adults.
• The costs of board and lodging for a maximum of three persons per group from 08th to 17th January (departure), including breakfast on January 17th, as well as the transfer expenses from San Vigilio to San Candido on the Sunday, are sustained by the organisation (extras such as telephone and bar etc. are not refunded). Rest days: Saturday 12th January, the day of transfer to St. Vigil on Sunday 13th January.
• Prize giving: the guests in the various tourist resorts and the local residents will vote the sculptures of their liking. The prizes will be awarded to the three groups which have obtained most success in Innichen and in St. Vigil.
• Travel expenses refund: all groups participating will be refunded their travel expenses at Euro 0,20 per km to a maximum of Euro 260 (teams from Europe) and Euro 520 (teams from the other continents).
• The sculptures must be made of snow, ice and water. The organizers will put at the competitors disposal the following tools: 2 spades, 1 ladder, 1 bucket, 1 pick-axe. The use of electronical tools is prohibited.
• The 3 x 3 x 3 m (27 m³) blocks of snow will be assigned to the competitors by lottery draw at 9 am on the 11th January in San Vigilio and at 9 am on the 14th January in San Candido/Innichen at the offices of the Tourist Board.
• The sculptures in San Vigilio must be completed by 7 pm on Friday 11th January and in San Candido by 7 pm on Wednesday 16th January. The closing ceremony will be held in San Candido on the evening of the 16th January.